It’s summer time again. This is a time when many distributors lose focus on their business because of gardening, vacations, conventions and lots of activities with the family.
It is a big mistake to slow down your business building during summer months. You want to keep the momentum going and keep your business growing. You MUST set your priorities and keep moving forward. Successful distributors are always aware of the opportunities around them every day, everywhere. We don’t build our business in spurts, working for a little while, then neglecting our business for days or weeks. There are plenty of ways to keep your business moving even while you are having fun.
Remember, we are living a a lifestyle. Young Living is about living a healthy lifestyle free of harmful chemicals. We don’t turn that on and off during the busy times of the year. When you are living your oily lifestyle in front of people, it opens all kinds of doors for talking about oils. We talk about the things we love.
Here are 8 easy ways to keep your Young Living Business growing through the summer months.
1. Always wear oils and carry some oils with you. Just wearing oils will often cause people to ask questions. Wear your oils. You will smell wonderful when you walk in and people will notice. Many will ask, “What smells so good?” That’s your open door to step through and make an brief comment. Not a sales pitch. Just a comment, “Oh that’s my Stress Away oil. I wear that one on those crazy days.
Use oils in front of people. Make up some Stressed Mama roller bottles to share with other moms when you are getting together play groups.
2. Diffuse those oils when family or friends come over for dinner or a summer barbecue! Your house will smell great and people will notice. Set your diffuser out where people can see it. It is a conversation opener. “That’s my essential oil diffuser. I love diffusing essential oils to freshen the air and uplift the mood. Plus, diffusing is much healthier than the harmful chemicals in candles and room fresheners.”
3. Have oils on display everywhere. Displaying the oils is one of the best ways to start conversations with friends and family. Don’t have them hidden away where no one can ask you about them! Not only oils but oil books, diffusers and anything oily. Put your Essential Oils Desk Reference on the coffee table. Thieves products in the kitchen and bathrooms.
Show your oily chemical free lifestyle. When you are visibly using oils around people, people will ask you about them. When they have a need, they will remember you have oils. Make sure you let your friends know that you sell stuff. Don’t make a big stress over that. You can just matter of fact say, “I love essential oils so much I decided to start my own essential oils business. I needed to earn enough to pay for my oil habit.”
Don’t make it weird. It’s just the facts. If you feel uncomfortable about it, they will feel it. If you are open and matter of fact, just stating the fact and not doing a sales pitch, it will feel completely natural.
With some friends you are more comfortable with you may feel like being more bold and playful: “Yea. I do sell oils. Do you want to buy some?” Make a lighthearted comment. No big deal. Eventually some will become your customers. They will need what you have and, because you did not keep silent about your oil habit, they will know to come to you for help.
4. Take pictures of your summer oiled living and post on Facebook and Instagram Try to post something daily. It should not always be oil related. Just post your life. Daily posting is important if you are working with social media as part of your business. Use a scheduled post tool like Post Planner or CinchShare with some quote posts and some oil tips or something for the really busy times.
5. Check in every morning and evening with email and Facebook. This is especially important if you are doing Facebook or other internet marketing. You need to keep up to date with any important news but most importantly, you need to respond to any interest.
6. Wear clothes and accessories with Young Living logo on them. They are great conversation starters. There are some options on the Young Living Wearable Advertising Page.
7. Put a window decal on your car – don’t put company name but put something about therapeutic grade essential oils with a link that directs people to YOUR web site.
8. Always carry a sharing packet, well stocked with some brochures and whatever you like to share with people. Don’t forget to take your business with you on vacation. There are always opportunities to share and possibly even write off your trip as a business expense. Make sure you have your web site and phone number on every brochure or marketing material.
There are lots of ways to keep marketing your business when you go through busy times. The key is to always be aware of the opportunities around you and keep doing something daily that makes progress.