“To influence someone, you have to already be influenced. To move someone, you better be moved. You can’t touch someone about your products if you are not touched. To persuade others you have to be persuaded. You can’t give somebody else what you don’t have.” ~ Tony Robbins
This is a very powerful statement. As distributors, we are sharing Young Living products and the business opportunity. You can not be successful in this business if you do not believe in both the products and the opportunity. You must first be influenced before you can influence others.
How do we influence ourselves and build belief?
Here are a few ways:
1. Using the Products – Using the products is the first way to start influencing yourself. You will find certain products that you just love. Young Living has a LOT of products to fall in love with. When you love something, it is easy to talk about.
2. Attend Events – You should be attending as many Young Living events as you possibly can. Whenever you can get together with other distributors you can learn from each other. Not only learning but energizing each other. There is so much excitement and power that comes from mixing with other distributors working toward similar goals.
3. Listen to audios and videos – There are loads of audios and videos put out by Young Living, your upline and other network marketing trainers. Serious network marketers are listening to these trainings as much as possible. The more you listen, the more you will be able to speak up about things that will help other people.
Try to listen to something every day, especially whenever you have a day where you are feeling unmotivated or discouraged. Every day do something to grow in your skills and your belief in the products and the network marketing industry. Very important to be learning about Young Living Farms and Seed to Seal process. This is HUGE. No other essential oil or network marketing company does what Young Living does.
4. Attend Conference Calls – Listening to and even participating in conference calls is another awesome way to build belief, grow skills and influence. There are a lot of conference calls you can access. It is impossible to be on all of them. Usually these conference calls are recorded so you can listen anytime.
5. Read Books – I know, you already know reading books is important but I am always amazed how few books people actually read. Read books by successful network marketers, Young Living leaders, motivational speakers like John Maxwell, Jim Rohn, Eric Worre, etc.
6. Subscribe to Newsletters & Blogs – There are loads of blogs and newsletters that you can benefit from. It is particularly important to subscribe to all upline newsletters you can find.
Also subscribe to newsletters and blogs on marketing, personal development and things related to Young Living or network marketing in general. I also recommend subscribing to industry journals like Network Marketing Times Magazine.
7. Join Facebook Groups by leaders – Not only join but pay attention to what the leaders are posting. Facebook has become a HUGE tool in training and keeping updated with all kinds of Young Living news and training. It’s pretty awesome.
These are just a few things that will help build belief and passion for the product and the business. Make it a DAILY commitment to do something to grow your passion and influence. That will help your business grow.
Filed under: Success Mindset