Distributors often look at successful people with Young Living and they see the results they have had and they start comparing their own results or lack of results. Sometimes they assume that the successful people had some magic system or they had a huge marketing budget or they just lucked out and sponsored workers in their downline. Some even put it up to having the right upline.
When you are looking at the successful distributors in Young Living, you need to look at their habits. It’s their daily habits that are the reason they are successful in Young Living.
What are the habits of successful Young Living Distributors?
- They know they are the CEO of their own business. They know success is up to them. They go by the philosophy, “If it is to be, it’s up to ME.“
- They focus on their WHY. Why they want a successful business.
- They are prospecting to 10-20 people a day rather than one or 2 a month.
- They check their email and respond quickly to emails or phone calls.
- They follow up on interest.
- They know the importance of DAILY personal development: reading books, newsletters, audios.
- They attend Young Living Events in their local area or state.
- They attend Grand Convention.
- They listen to conference calls and replays of calls when they can’t be on the live call.
- They are paying attention to company news: Upline newsletters, company newsletters, conference calls, Facebook Groups, etc.
- They set goals and work toward them.
- They don’t wait until they know each and every step before they take even one. They just get started.
- They focus on abundance instead of lack.
Here is a poem I have loved for several years:
I Can Make You Great or I Can Make You A Failure
WHO am I?
Let me give you some clues. Exactly WHO IS ME?
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am completely at your command.
Half of the things you do you might as well turn
over to me and I will do them – quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed – you must be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done
and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of great people, and alas, of all failures as well.
I MAKE GREAT PEOPLE—-That is a CLUE.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine though, however . . .
I work with the precision of a machine
plus the intelligence of a person.
You may run me for profit or run me for ruin –
it makes no difference to me.
Take me, train me, be firm with me, and
I will place the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you.
Who am I?
I am HABIT.
January is always an exciting month. It’s a new year and lots of people have set resolutions to increase income and make other changes in their life. It is a great time to turn things up a notch or two in your business. Set your goals and move forward to success. I love the statement one of my mentors often said, “You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going.” Make adjustments as you are going. It’s like moving a car. You have to be moving before you can make a turn.
Have a very successful Year!